As of Oct. 30, 2010, this page is no longer being updated. For my most recent Resume, open the PDF version at the bottom.
If you like a PDF version of my Résumé, see the attachment at the bottom of the page. Adobe Reader software is required which could be downloaded from here.
This internal link shows a detailed description of my Academic and Professional Experience since August 2005. A PDF version can be found at the bottom of the page.
A position as a Web developer, Web designer or Software Engineer.Summary of Qualifications
- Designed and developed this Website as a standard XHTML format.
- Designed and developed this Website as a Flash movie.
- Designed and developed this Website as a Dynamic Flash movie.
- Strong knowledge in C and C++ programming languages.
- Excellent programming experience with the Varian Control System (VCS) at all levels: from software design, programming, software documentation and writing test procedures.
- Designed and generated various Graphical User Interface (GUI) screens for the VIISta 810 and VIIsta 3000 Implanters.
- Designed and implemented hierarchical software communication pages (about 1,200 files) using Speaking Dynamically Pro, Viking Communicator and Boardmaker software tools.
March 2007 - Present
- Introduction to HTML
- HTML Level II
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets
- Introduction to XML
- Web Animation with Flash
- Advanced Adobe Flash
- Photoshop Level 1
- Photoshop for the Web
- Introduction to PHP
- Shopping Cart Using PHP and MySQL
- Introduction to Joomla!
Web Course currently taking: Search Engine Optimization.
August 2005 - February 2007
- Book1: C++ Weekend Crash Course, 2nd edition by Stephen R. Davis.
- Book2: Microsoft Visual C++ .NET step by step, 2003 by Julian Templeman & Andy Olsen.
- HTML Tutorials: HTML, XHTML and CSS.
- XML Tutorials: XML, XSLT and RSS.
- Server Scripting: ASP and PHP.
- Database: SQL for Microsoft Access.
November 2007 - February 2008
Web Developer for the LED Systems.
September 1997 - April 2001
Control Systems Software Engineer, for VIISta 810 and VIISta 3000 Ion Implanters.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of the in-house VCS and with programming, using State Machines.
- Designed and programmed the Implanters´ facilities system, partial vacuum system, magnet calibration, Golden search, beam shutdown, and others.
- Wrote test procedures and software documentation for the Implanters´ facilities, magnet calibration, vacuum system, startup shutdown, Golden search, interlock monitor, and others.
- Designed and implemented text and graphical screens. Generated Graphical User Interface (GUI) screens for the Implanters´ facilities, vacuum, safety, startup/shutdown and others.
- Performed extensive hardware testing of the software.
- Gained substantial hands-on experience on the VIISta 810 and VIIsta 3000 ion implanters.
- Acquired broad expertise with installing and troubleshooting VCS.
- Gained excellent knowledge with reading electrical and system schematics.
- Demonstrated proficiency in training others on using VCS.
- Worked with technicians, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, and software engineers from other teams, as part of the cross-functional environment.
June 1995 - November 1996
Graduate Research Assistant
- Modeled, optimized, and controlled the Escherichia coli growth in a fermentation process using simulation techniques.
- C Programming, Fall 1998
- Advanced C Programming, Winter 1999
- Ion Implanter Control Systems, September 1997
- E220HP/E500HP Operation, November 1997
- E220HP/E500HP Electronics, May 1999
- Programming Languages: C, C++, VCS, MATLAB
- Graphics and Code Software: Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, ImageForge, IconForge, Visio, XML Notepad, Visual Studio .NET, TextPad, Notepad++
- Markup Languages: (X)HTML, CFML, XML
- Styling Languages: CSS, XSLT
- Query Languages: SQL, XQuery/XPath
- Frameworks: WordPress, Joomla!
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft Access 2007, DeZign for Databases V5
- Office productivity: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice
- Operating Systems: Windows (7, Vista, XP, NT, 2000, 98, 95), Macintosh (Mac OS 9, Mac OS X)
- Languages: Arabic and French with familiarity in German
- Activities: Member of the International Webmasters Association
|Boutros AbiChedid-Résumé.pdf||186 KB|
|Boutros AbiChedid-Experience.pdf||448 KB|